iPhone Stuck in Bluetooth Mode
My iPhone (3G) is afflicted with a rare disease. No troubleshooting site or forum has been able to help the problem thus far. I’m getting no audio during calls, meaning I can’t hear the person on the other end and he or she can’t hear me.
The strangest part is that I’ve never owned a Bluetooth headset nor had Bluetooth turned on in the Settings. As you can see in the screen shot, the Bluetooth logo is nowhere to be found (it’s usually on the top right, by the alarm indicator) but the call audio pop up (when you press the volume control during a call) shows that audio is being sent to a Bluetooth device:
A little bit of background:
- I’ve restored the phone back to factory settings (completely fresh).
- I’ve done all the reset options under Settings > General > Reset, as well as numerous soft and hard reboots.
- I’ve tried it with a different SIM card, but the problem persists.
- The phone is acting strange, freezing occasionally and shutting off before battery runs out.
- This has happened to me before. I took the phone to the Apple store at Barton Creek Mall, and the Genius who was helping me ended up giving me a new phone.
Any help? Any Apple guys out there with Google Alerts on?